This project will have the following direct impact on national economy in the 1st Phase 200-250 MW
- Provide 20% of Palestine's electricity needs
- Substitute 25% of Palestine's electricity imports.
- Reduce Palestine trade deficit by around US$ 175 million per year, which is equivalent to US$ 4 billion over the lifetime of the project.
- Flow of direct national and foreign investment of US$ 300million in the Palestinian energy sector.
- Create domestic natural for natural gas market of around US$ 65 million per year, which is equivalent to US$ 1.5 billion over the lifetime of the project.
- Transfer of knowledge and knowhow to the Palestinian cadres and engineering firms in the fields of engineering, constructing and operating utility scale power plant.