This project will have the following direct impact on national economy:
- Provide 40% of Palestine's electricity needs.
- Substitute 50% of Palestine's electricity imports.
- Reduce Palestine trade deficit by around US$ 350 million per year, which is equivalent to US$ 8 billion over the lifetime of the project.
- Flow of direct national and foreign investment of US$ 600 million in the Palestinian energy sector.
- Create domestic natural for natural gas market of around US$ 130 million per year, which is equivalent to US$ 3 billion over the lifetime of the project.
- Transfer of knowledge and knowhow to the Palestinian cadres and engineering firms in the fields of engineering, constructing and operating utility scale power plant.